High protein overnight oats are a type of oatmeal that is made with protein-rich ingredients such as milk, Greek yogurt, nuts, and seeds. They are typically prepared by mixing oats, milk or yogurt, and protein-rich add-ins in a jar or container, and then refrigerating the mixture overnight. The oats will have softened and absorbed the liquid by morning, creating a creamy, protein-rich breakfast that's ready to enjoy. Some people like to add additional toppings, such as fruit or nut butter, before eating the oats. High protein overnight oats are a convenient and tasty way to start the day with a protein boost.
There are several benefits to consuming high protein overnight oats:
- Oats are high in fibre, which aids with digestion and makes you feel full longer.
- Overnight oats that are packed with protein can be prepared quickly and easily. All you have to do is combine the ingredients the night before and store them in the fridge; you'll wake up to a delicious and filling breakfast in the morning.
- You can achieve consistent energy levels when you consume protein throughout the day.
- Getting enough protein in your diet will help you feel full longer, which can aid in your weight-control efforts.
- Protein is a vital macronutrient necessary for cell growth, tissue repair, and the upkeep of healthy skin, hair, and bones.
- As part of a balanced morning meal, oats can provide you with a healthy dose of protein because they are both full and beneficial.
- A half-cup portion of oats has roughly 6 grammes of protein. If you do this in the morning, you may find that you don't feel hungry again until lunchtime.
- The beta-glucan soluble fibre found in oats has been demonstrated to help lower cholesterol and lessen the risk of heart disease.
A Recipe to Have in Breakfast:
Ingredients required :
Oats: Oats prepared the traditional way, also known as rolled oats, are the star of the show here. By combining them with milk and yoghurt the night before, they are able to soak up all the liquid while still maintaining their oat form. This prevents them from turning into mush, which is something that can happen when oatmeal is cooked.
Greek yoghurt: This is an excellent source of protein. I prefer either plain or vanilla-flavored Greek yoghurt, and I used non-fat Greek yoghurt in this recipe.
Protein powder: Increasing the amount of protein in your diet by mixing protein powder into your oatmeal is a fantastic way to do it. It is imperative that you use a protein powder that you like and take pleasure in eating because there are certain protein powders on the market that do not taste good at all and won't taste well when added to oats. You are free to omit the protein powder from the recipe if using it is not something that interests you.
Chia seeds: After a night of soaking in the liquid, the addition of chia seeds results in the oats having a texture that is noticeably smoother than without them.
Nuts: You can add nuts of your choice to make it more filling.
Step 1: Combine the oats, protein powder, and chia seeds in a container such as a mason jar or Tupperware.
Step 2: Pour in the milk, yogurt, and honey. Make sure to stir up any protein powder chunks that may have gotten stuck on the bottom of the container.
Step 3: Put the covered dish into the refrigerator and let it sit there for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
Step 4: Add extra add-ins for flavor(optional)
Overall, adding high protein oats to your breakfast can help to provide sustained energy, improve digestion, and support overall health.