Barley Grass is well known as nature's body Alkaliniser - Barley Grass imparts an alkaline residue once digested, this can help provide balance and nourishment for the body. Lifestream Barley Grass is suitable for those with allergies, such as to gluten and can be used by coeliacs.
- Balancing, neutralising and nourishing to the body
- Highly alkalising - reduces acidity in the body
- High in natural colloidal ionic minerals
- Great for those on restricted diets
- Beneficial to people with weakened digestive systems
Why Is The Acid / Alkaline Balance of the body Important?
Our acid-alkaline balance is very important to our overall health. We often forget about this aspect when health problems are addressed. The human body is perpetually in a changing state between acid and alkaline and is continually working to maintain an ideal pH level of between 7.3 and 7.4. Lifestream Barley Grass helps balance this process.
Are you Over-Acidic?
In today's society and fast-paced lifestyle it is very easy to get ourselves stressed, wound up, tense and over-acidic. Eating too much fast food and not taking time to include enough healthy, fresh green vegetables in our diets is another major contributing factor. Overeating and the typical acidic lifestyle (white bread, sugar, takeaways, fried, processed or refined foods, tea, coffee, cigarettes and alcohol) are the key reasons for people becoming over-acidic.
Know Your Foods!
For optimal health, the ideal balance of food and food residue in the body is 80% alkaline and 20% acidic. This is largely determined by the food we eat, as foods are either acid forming or alkaline forming. This is not to be confused with the immediate acidity of a food. Lemons for example, maybe considered as acid forming but lemons, once metabolized actually leave an alkaline residue in the body. Lifestream Barley Grass is full of natural ionic minerals that help to keep the acid-alkaline balance in check.
Babies are born in a very alkaline state and over time we can become more and more acidic. However, all is not lost - the body can regain its natural alkaline balance by eating highly alkaline foods such as green leafy vegetables, fresh seasonal fruits, pulses and nutrient-rich super foods like Lifestream Barley Grass. The key is changing the balance of the foods you eat, the overall amount of food consumed and getting to know which foods are acid forming and which are alkaline forming.
Check out the acid-alkaline food guide table at: www.lifestream.co.nz
- Lifestream Barley Grass is independently certified organic by AsureQuality NZ and contains no chemicals, synthetic additives or fillers and most importantly, the plants are not chlorine washed.
- Lifestream Barley Grass is grown outside in natural New Zealand sunshine for over 90 days and all Lifestream Barley Grass has the Lifestream premium reputation: 100% Unconditionally Guaranteed.
- Lifestream Barley Grass has the richest chlorophyll levels of 20mg per 2 grams. This is one of the best indicators for quality as the levels of chlorophyll that remain after harvesting and processing indicate a premium quality product.
- Lifestream Barley Grass is ‘flash air dried’ immediately after harvest. This is done whilst the plant is at the peak nutritional potency.